Saturday 11 September 2021

The portfolio plan

I've made a vague plan for my portfolio making sure to include the main types of illustrations I do as a professional freelancer. This is essentially me focusing in on the publishing industry, I really enjoy and have the most experience in creating quick illustrations for editorials as well as slightly longer pieces for book covers and book illustrations. I've also done some commissions already that are outside of the niche I'd like to work in, however I'll also include these so that I can showcase my ability to work under different circumstances.

The tabe below shows my current plan for my new portfolio. Though some of these are very specific they might change as I go along, I'm leaving myself some wiggle room so I can add or remove any projects as I feel like. Both portfolios have 4 themes each and I'll be keeping to that with no changes, as I feel like some structure is necessary. The professional has editorials, book covers and book illustrations as well as some space for miscelaneous work while the personal portfolio has pixel art (a current hobby of mine) drawings created during my daily endavour to improve myself, fantasy inspired works, mainly scenes (and some fanart scenes too), and a section for character drawings, illustrations and sheets.

I'll be starting with my personal portfolio, as I haven't done much professional like work for a while, I'm quite nervous and I'm hoping that by the time I'm done with my personal portfolio I'd have warmed up a little. 







No comments:

Post a Comment